Thursday, October 17, 2019

Chasing Humans Up A Hill



This is the hill: Panther Mountain, NY.  I work here. I carry a badge, hanging from my neck.  It helps me find humans should they go missing.

Up the trail, humans!

I like it when they show some initiative.

Other times, I must remind them of our purpose.
  
Like here, when they pause on the reclining rock.

Onward and upward, humans!

At times, I must cajole them.
"Though you only have two legs, don't be discouraged.
You can still get up the hill."


In places, the rocks are set like steps
making it easier for the minimally legged humans.


I encourage them to use the roots in a similar manner.

They dawdle incessantly.
Without me chasing them,
they'd never reach the top.

 

There are many other humans at our destination.
Other four-legged friends have also done their jobs.

Particularly in the fall, the view over Piseco is spectacular.
I'm sure the humans are glad I chased them up here.

The rocky outcropping of Echo Cliffs provides a lookout.
Of course, there is no echo.
Your barks do not return.


This is a good shot I took of the humans, don't you think?
I am a full service guide.


I even capture their shenanigans.
Humans are so silly.



I have to admit I also enjoy the view.

I'm happy to have chased the humans up the hill
so they could enjoy the autumn panorama.




And I am also glad to provide guidance when humans become confused.

 

"Yes, take a picture in that direction."

There you go.

Perhaps next time I'll chase them up one of those other hills.


And then I chased them back down.



1 comment: