Monday, June 16, 2014

PAY ATTENTION !!!

I've been a little distracted.  My daughter is getting married in 5 days.  I should be in a sensory deprivation tank, unaware of anything.  But that is not the case.  I need to take care of...stuff.

One of the things that I needed to do was to trim branches over a sun room.  I had access to one of those poles with a trimmer and a pull cord that does a really nice job of chopping off branches.  But it was sticky.  Rats.

So I held it aloft and sprayed the innocuous device with WD-40 to loosen it up.  Of course after you do that, you need to test it, right?

Yank on the cord, cut a limb...when it's not stuck.

Pretty sharp clipper...with mechanical advantage!

Really good that the nail was involved,
or it might have been really deep.
Aren't you glad I spared your the gore?  I need to make sure that I concentrate and am not distracted.

In any case, I pledge that I will go nowhere near a chainsaw until the wedding is over.



5 comments:

  1. You probably need "someone" to do just about everything for you over the next few days, just to make sure you make it to the wedding intact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be kind of hard to get your hand high up in a tree to trim a nail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get taller, or get a new nail clipper.

      Delete
  3. This just in from Fran:

    Can you believe that I stood on the very top of a step ladder to use that gadget? Well, I ended up hanging on to the pruner in the tree the stepladder was flat on the ground below me. That happened on Long Pond Rd. in Rochester, sometime between 1980 and 1997. I'm still here. Somehow the good Lord watches over us in the most stupid situations. Mary, lock up the chain saw and any other hazardous instruments, i .e. nail files !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete